[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 14:55:01 UTC 2020

Happy New Year!  We have a lot of great events in store for you in 2020 as well as some luscious new meads!  We also now have food Thursday - Saturday!  In partnership with Dumm's Pizza and Subs and 2nd Kitchen,  we have created an exclusive Meadworks menu with easy ordering and free delivery.
* Thursday, January 9th, 7-10 pm:  Open Mic Night + Yarnia
We will have our second open mike mash-up with Yarnia this Thursday (the first one was a blast).  We will do this every second Thursday of the month going forward.  John Figura and Tom Liddle of the band Run Come See will lead the way. They'll kick things off with a few tunes and then they will get you plugged in and rocking.  The night is free, all ages, and open to all styles of music.  Bring your friends and a tune to share with the community!  Sign-ups are in person and start at 7:30pm.  Music at 8:00pm.
* Friday, January 10th, 7-10 pm:  Swing 5! Swing 5 will help ring in the new century by transporting you back to France in the 1930s.  Begin with the heartbeat of a slap bass and the pulse of two rhythm guitars. Add to it melodic runs sweetly played on the accordion and a soaring fiddle. What you get is the Swing 5 band playing gypsy jazz and swing music from a time when a night out meant live music that provokes the uncontrollable urge to dance! Lead by talented local guitarist James Key and influenced by the legendary Django Reinhardt, this is a show you won't want to miss!  Free event.

* Saturday, January 11th, 7-10 pm: Blues Night with the Archie Edwards All Stars Every second Saturday beginning January 2020, the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation All Stars will perform three sets of awesome Piedmont Blues on the Meadworks stage.  The musical line-up will change each time with different talented blues players and a variety of instruments.  Free event.  The Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation is keeping acoustic blues traditions alive.  Through weekly Saturday jams, performances, workshops, exhibits, and lectures, AEBHF carries on the educational mission of celebrated Piedmont blues artist Archie Edwards. Free event.

Coming up:
> Jazz Night, Friday, Jan. 17
> Blue Comedy Show, Saturday, Jan. 18> Medieval Party w/ Tower Green, Friday, Jan. 24> Contentment is Wealth (traditional Irish music), Saturday, Jan. 25
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm