[RP TownTalk] Plans for Riverdale to help residents get energy audits?

Heather Cronk heather.cronk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:23:55 UTC 2011

I was walking the dog this morning and went over to University Park.  While
walking along Sheridan, I noticed a yard sign that the homeowners had
recently participated in an energy audit, and the sign mentioned a website
for more information.

Upon checking the site, it appears that University Park received a federal
grant to administer a program that provides home energy audits (i.e. how can
you use less energy in your home) -- and also provides cash incentives for
making those changes.

Are there any plans for Riverdale to do something similar?  We've been
considering doing a home energy audit for a while, but this kind of program
would absolutely push us to do so.

Here's a link to the FAQ about the program: http://mystep-up.org/faq/

-Heather, 46th Street